Planning and organisation
Do they effectively manage their own work and that of their co-workers?
Planning and organisation are the ability to prioritise and establish courses of action, optimising resources that ensure the anticipated results through effective management of one's own work and that of their co-workers.
- Organises the different activities to be carried out and establishes a logical sequence in which to do so.
- Maintains the physical order of documentation in their work environment in order to be more efficient, following a specific work system.
- Works with the resources that are available in an efficient manner.
- Appropriately prioritises the different tasks to be carried out based on their importance and urgency.
- Creates an activities schedule, setting deadlines in order to best manage their time.
- Sets deadlines and time-related objectives that are reasonably demanding and assigns resources in order to optimise time.
- Optimally organises information and documentation optimum in order to ensure its accessibility and quality.
- Monitors the compliance with their activities schedule.
- Schedules and coordinates the tasks to be performed, assigning work and establishing timelines in order to optimise the outcome and best respond to the situation's requirements.
- Clarifies roles, objectives and responsibilities with their co-workers, collaborators and superiors in order to guarantee the carrying out of the plan.
- Anticipates needs related to the human and material resources which are required to fulfil the objectives.
- Defines action plans based on certain objectives, with suitable coordination, control and monitoring of the actions to be carried out in the mid- and long-term.
- Takes into account possible deviations and how to adjust their own planning in the mid- and long-term.
- Plans a set of projects or plans, which is used to effectively coordinate the different resources, without losing the overall vision and that of the set.
- Assesses, in an comprehensive and consistent manner, the implications of their planning in other areas and departments.
- Effectively integrates resources from different areas or departments into their planning.
- Organises and reorganises the different resources (human, technical and financial) for which they are responsible in order to achieve better effectiveness and efficiency in their department or area.