Does the person react when faced with emergencies and/or do they anticipate future needs and opportunities and act accordingly?
Initiative refers to: 1) Identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and 2) Carrying out actions to respond to them. Therefore, Initiative is the willingness to proactively take action and not only be limited to thinking about what must be done in the future. The timeframe of this ladder goes from finishing past or current projects to seeking new opportunities. (The drawing up of annual plans or budgets is not included).
- It recognises opportunities and it acts as a result or it exceeds obstacles to solve current problems, acting within 1 or 2 days.
- It shows predisposition to participate and contribute ideas.
- It does not go through the problem, it assumes and it proposes solutions.
- Is involved actively to tasks that it carries out. Reacts when faced with current opportunities or problems.
- Acts quickly and decidedly during a crisis (when the norm would be to wait, "study the situation" or see if it resolves itself).
- Contributes ideas and makes proposals that can positively impact the results.
- Takes decisions quickly when faced with urgent situations (without waiting for someone to tell them what to do).
- Solves problems and searches for solutions, seeking the necessary resources.
Is decisive during crisis situations.
- Creates opportunities and minimises potential problems by putting forth extra effort (special trip or visit, new project), acting within a period of 1 to 3 months.
- Acts proactively, anticipating obstacles and opportunities.
- Contributes ideas and makes innovative proposals that could create business opportunities.
- Foresees opportunities for improvement that are not obvious and carries out actions in order to take advantage of them, working 1 to 3 months in advance.
- Anticipates and prepares for specific opportunities or problems that are not obvious to others in the mid- and long-term.
- Carries out actions to create opportunities or avoid future crises, more than 3 months in advance.
- Creates new ideas and projects in order to anticipate the trends of the environment.
- Promotes actions and decisions in the mid- and long-term that involve significant changes in the Organisation.